Monday, November 29, 2010

Vitalab appointment today

I had another appointment at Vitalab today. I am only in the beginning of this whole thing and I can already say I hate this! I went there at 7 this morning and gave all my blood (i dont think i have any left ;) for a million blood tests and then i went for a scan to see if everything is ready for this cycle. The doc prescribed Femara- a drug used for the induction of ovulation. It also produces a better quality egg, so fingers crossed! This cycle is also gonna cost us a million Rand (okey not really) cause i have to go for regular scans to monitor ovulation to make sure everything is perfect at the right time.

At times today, i felt like an object, not a person! Theres no privacy around there whatsoever and theres a million (okey a little less) couples in the waiting room going through the same thing. I dont even want to tell the whole story, but i can tell you, its not a pleasant experience, and an emotional one with it! This is not how i imagined to be making my baby in a million years :(

So my next scan is next week on 7 Dec, after i took 5 days supply of Femara and i also have a booking next week on the 6th Dec for an HSG. Here is an explanation of the scan that i found on the internet:

 A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. During a hysterosalpingogram, a dye (contrast material) is put through a thin tube that is put through the vagina and into the uterus. Because the uterus and the fallopian tubes are hooked together, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray (fluoroscopy) as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and joining (fertilizing) an egg. A hysterosalpingogram also may find problems on the inside of the uterus that prevent a fertilized egg from attaching (implanting) to the uterine wall.


So more invasive tests to be done, but thats absolutely necessary to find out if there is anything else keeping me from having my own bundle of joy!  Lets hope and pray that both my tubes are healthy and open!

Apart from this, im still doing acupuncture every week to stimulate ovulation and I'm on green smoothies that is not only good for me, but actually also very tasty! Thanx again for all your prayers and messages, i really appreciate it and absolutely need it. Until next week!

No comments: